Monday, December 5, 2011

Glad and Golden Hours

Some weekend highlights:

On Friday night, my church hosted a benefit for Beds for Kids, a wonderful non-profit that makes beds for kids who don't have one. There was a silent auction in which you could bid of baskets that people had donated. Then, Josh Wilson gave a free concert. I had heard a few of his songs on the radio, and while I really like them, I wasn't expecting the concert to be so amazing. Here is a clip of Josh explaining his Christmas tour, Noel. It was definitely a great way to start the Advent Season.

I found out that one of my best friends got engaged on Friday night! A group of us met at Caribou to celebrate and hear the details (and see the ring, of course) on Saturday night. I'm so excited for them and looking forward to their wedding!

Another dear friend came over for supper and tea last night. (My current seasonal favorite is Stash Chai Green Tea.) She's a gifted artist and an aspiring illustrator, so I shared a couple of my favorite children's Christmas storybooks: The Ballad of Matthew's Begats by Andrew Peterson (complete with the song) and The Song of the Stars by Sally Lloyd-Jones. These may also be making an appearance in the second annual Nine Lessons and Carols Night on Friday...

Oh, and I almost forgot. We got our first significant snowfall on Saturday! The ground is blanketed in white and the streets are still slick and slushy. A car slid into my lane and I got to test out my anti-lock brakes. They work! I also got to wear my Mad Bomber hat for the first time this season while shoveling the driveway. There's nothing quite like a Minnesota winter...


Can't get this song out of my head:

No comments:

Post a Comment