Sunday, January 22, 2012

Gallery Night

My friend Jennifer had her first gallery show this weekend. Because we've been friends since she first discovered her love (and talent) for creating art, I knew I had to be at the show, even if it meant taking off work and traveling across Wisconsin in a blizzard. A couple friends and I took off on Friday morning, picked up another friend at the airport in the afternoon, checked into our hotel and got ready for a fun evening in the Historic Third Ward of downtown Milwaukee. After dinner at the restaurant below the gallery, we surprised Jennifer - she had no idea we were coming! It was great to see Jennifer and her paintings in person, and in such a cool venue!




 Jennifer and Sarah:


Lindsay, me, Jennifer, Sarah and Erin: 


Jen and I camped in the Boundary Waters Canoe Area the summer before our senior year. In fact, I was the first friend that Jen brought to the BWCA with her! That's why I decided to buy the painting that is behind me - it'll have a new home at Cheery Hill in a couple months!


 Lindsay flew in from Denver for the show!


The Gallery Knight... 


The painting on the right with the birds was actually inspired by a dream I had, which I believe was inspired by a painting that Jen had done. She titled it Waking Turbulence. 


I love these paintings from her trips out West:


The Boundary Waters Triptych:


 Two of The Narrows Trio:


This one was inspired by Jen's tornado chasing cousin, Brad:


Just chillin' at Gallery 326:


No comments:

Post a Comment